A glowing clear facial skin can add five stars to your personality. The use of make up and cosmetics may give you short term results while damaging your skin in the long run. So the question is how to get really smooth clear skin naturally.
Here a few simple and workable tips for clear skin without the aid of artificial resources.
1.) Eat the Right Diet for Skin
The most expensive skin care products around won’t help you achieve a clear healthy skin without the aid of your diet. What you eat will reflect on your external body. Here are few tips on eating right for healthy & clear skin.
- Fish contains oils that provide nourishment to your skin making it soft and giving it luster.
- Flax seeds are known to be a good source of omega-three fatty acids that help improve skin health. You can add some ground flax seeds to your cereals for breakfast.
- Eating a raw vegetable salad comprised of carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, tomatoes, broccoli and kale ensures that you get plenty of vitamin A which is a necessity for healthy glowing skin. Some people have rough and dry skin which is usually indicative of a lack of vitamin A
- Eating nuts such as almonds and hazelnut helps improve the skin tone by supplying essential vitamin E. You can get gorgeous and clear skin by eating a few of these nuts daily.
- Excessive use of refined white flour and sugar leads to premature aging and increases wrinkles on the skin. If you are looking to clear up your skin fast then you must avoid consuming products that contain a lot of refined sugar especially soft drinks and candies.
2.) Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
Smoking cigarettes can leave your skin dry, increase wrinkles and lead to premature skin aging. Why does this happen? The various chemicals present in the cigarette smoke enter the blood stream from the lungs and damage all the body organs including your skin. These chemicals trigger skin oxidation which creates free radicals that attack the skin cells and result in dried, yellowish skin. The tiny cracks on damaged skin increase water loss and chemical absorption leading to more skin dryness.
Alcohol leads to dehydration of skin leaving it dry and unhealthy. Over consumption of alcohol can make the skin dull, reduce its color and deteriorate its texture. People who have dry skin problems aggravate the condition by alcohol intake. So quit smoking and lower your drinking, a great tip for clear & glowing skin.
3.) Avoid Over Consumption of Dairy Products
Though there is no concrete evidence, research has proven a link between consumption of milk/dairy products and acne. Many people have in fact observed a reduction in skin problems like pimples, acne and blackheads when they reduced their dairy consumption. One reason is that consuming dairy products causes us to ingest hormones produced by the cow, this can have an unhealthy effect on our body in general and skin in particular.
4.) Perform Facial Exercises
A few simple facial exercises can help keep wrinkles at bay and improve the elasticity of your skin. The idea is to improve the blood circulation in your face. Gently massage your face in circles with the palm of your hand, you can rub your hands to create some heat before you do the massage.
Stretch your facial muscles by opening your eyes really wide while keep the mouth tightly shut and neck muscles stressed followed by opening your mouth really wide while keeping the eyes tightly shut. Stay in each position for at least a minute and then relax. Do it 10 times each day for better results.
Detailed Info: Facial Exercises for Clear Skin.
5.) Avoid Over-Usage of Cosmetics, Hard Soaps and Make-up
Most make up products contain potential skin irritants than can damage the skin matrix and cells. Long lasting make up is particularly harmful as it tends to contain more chemicals. Make up remover can also irritate the skin. You can’t get a really smooth and clear skin if you keep exposing it to chemicals.
Regular use of cosmetic should be avoided. Most of these products have little positive affect on the skin but they cause skin irritation due to the chemicals present in them. Avoid the use of chemical facials, soaps and toners. They might give you quick short term results while damaging your skin in the long term.
Wash your face with plain cold water several times a day but avoid using soaps or gels every time.
6.) Drink Ample Water, Keep Yourself Hydrated
If you are dehydrated your skin will look dry and rough, so it’s important to drink ample water. It also helps detoxify the body and keeps the body temperature in control. It’s a good practice to sip a little water regularly instead of gulping down a lot of water in one go. Don’t wait for the body to feel thirsty, keep supplying water regularly so that it circulates through the body and helps keep the skin from getting dry.
7.) Use Natural Facials and Mud Packs
Here are a few simple tips to nourish your skin with natural products.
- You can use lime juice to make your skin look young and beautiful. Just squeeze some lime juice in warm water and cleanse your face with it before going to bed.
- You can make a face pack out of blanching and grinding almonds and mixing it with egg white and lime juice. This is a really simple & easy to implement tip for clear skin.
- In order to improve your skin complexion just massage the inside of peach skin on your face before going to sleep. Wash with warm water in the morning.
- The juice of apple, orange, water melon, carrot and tomato work great to remove blemishes on the skin.
- Applying a mask of grated or blended cucumber can help nourish your skin and make it soft. The use of cucumber also helps prevent pimples, wrinkles and skin dryness.
- Yogurt is a great natural aid for the skin. Just apply a paste made from lentil mixed with yogurt on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes to cleanse your skin and give it a glow.
- A mixture of turmeric, sandalwood paste, olive oil and honey can help make your skin soft and moist. This is especially helpful if you have a dry skin problem.
8.) Exercise Daily
Nothing clears up your skin better than a good sweat. Start jogging, skipping or cycling daily. It will not only improve the blood circulation but will also help detoxify the body in general. A detoxified body means clear blood and healthy skin. When you work up a sweat it naturally removes any clogs in your skin reducing the onset of pimples and black heads.
9.) Practice Yoga for Healthy Skin
Some simple yoga practices can help improve the blood circulation to the skin. Certain yoga poses can help reduce facial wrinkles and also create a “face-lift”. Pranayama helps improve blood circulation and increases oxygen content in the blood, regular practice leads to a glowing radiant skin. Others asanas like Siddhasana and Sarvangasana improves blood supply to the facials tissues improving the skin tone.
10.) Soak in the Morning Sun
The best source of vitamin D is early morning mild sunshine. You can soak up the morning sun by exercising in the open. If you have a terrace you can practice yoga or meditation in the open sun. Avoid contact with noon sun as it can be harsh on the skin. Mild sun rays have a beneficial effect while harsh sun rays can damage the skin.
11.) Get Plenty of Rest
If you don’t sleep properly you will have poor skin. The only time when the body detoxifies itself completely is when you are in deep sleep. Poor sleep results in dry and haggard skin. So make sure you get at least a good 8 hours of sleep daily.
12.) De-stress Through Meditation and Relaxation
It’s important to de-stress yourself on daily basis. The build up of stress can have harmful effect on your entire body. People who suffer from stress end up having a dull and lifeless skin because the body is in turmoil inside. Meditation is great means of de-stressing. Make sure you relax a lot through out the day as much as possible. There is a natural glow to your skin when you are de-stressed and relaxed.
13.) Be as Cheerful as You Can Be
Happiness reflects on your face. People who are naturally cheerful usually have a radiant glowing skin. Being happy is of course the best medicine for your body. Don’t wait for this or that to happen in order to make you happy, just live it as your natural state. You have a choice between being gloomy or being happy so why not choose the latter?
14.) Laugh a Lot
Smiling and laughing end up exercising your face. Laughing is a great exercise to improve oxygen supply in the body which directly improves the quality of blood reaching the skin. If you just laugh of lot it will be enough to ensure a glowing skin.
Give your tips: Have any other tips on how to get clear and healthy skin using natural techniques? Please let us know in the comments below!